Discover the application now !
ViRTI gives you the opportunity to follow construction workers in their daily activities. Understand how a house is being built and learn about the tools, materials and professional gestures of electricians, carpenters, tilers, plumbers, masons, plasterers and painters.
Virtual Reality Training Capsules offer a comprehensive and immersive learning experience for inmates, allowing them to gain valuable vocational skills while being in a safe and controlled environment.
Training opportunities are limited in prisons because of the lack of access to work environments, equipment and technical premises that cannot be multiplied, in particular in the smaller detention centers. For inmates, the advantages of participating to education and training activities are multiple. In particular, they increase their chances to be employed when they are free, knowing that access to employment is one of the key conditions for a sound rehabilitation in autonomy, while reducing the risk of recidivism. Virtual Reality to Train Inmates (ViRTI) wants to create virtual environments to compensate a lack of laboratories, material or tools and to introduce interactive features and gamification in the learning content, to attract more participants and to maintain their motivation thus reducing dropping out rates.
Read more in our guide The potential of virtual reality for education and training in prisons
- To motivate prisoners to engage in training;
- To provide training environments that are not accessible in prisons;
- To develop basic and transversal skills thanks to the interactions permitted by virtual reality.
- Survey the use of virtual reality for educational and training purposes and in closed environments
- Analyse what can be done in prisons with the existing technologies and products;
- Determine the conditions for a successful inclusion of virtual reality;
- Develop and test in prisons virtual reality capsules based on 360° videos integrating interactive features in the construction sector
- Elaborate guidelines addressed to the various stakeholders (administration, trainer, funding organisations) for using virtual reality to train inmates.
Read the outputs Guides
Two guidelines are availlable to have a better view of this project et how the Virtual Reality can be used and improved the possiblities to train Inmates in particular in Construction sector ?.